Monday, September 20, 2010

38 weeks, 4 days

Well, I forgot to take pictures again. During the 2nd trimester I was all about the weekly pictures because I felt so darn cute every day. Now, not so much. Judging by the breakout on my face I'm sure some people think I'm a pregnant 15 year old. It's wonderful. I'm starting to swell, albeit not noticeably but I feel like everyone can tell. My rings still fit, but they're snug. I'm hoping they'll last the next 2 weeks!

That being said, when I look in the mirror in the morning with my camera in hand, I usually think "umm, I'll take these later."

Other news:

The nursery is complete! Everything is hung, the little details are in place, this mama is very happy. Chris helped me finish it this weekend and it looks fabulous. I'll post some pictures later today.

The doctor said that I was 1.5cm dilated as of last Monday. I go back tomorrow, hopefully I'll show more progress by then. I'm so ready for this baby to come out. I know a lot of the "labor inducers" are old wives tales but I'm willing to try anything at this point. We have: walking, sex, eggplant parmesan, spicy food, pineapple, foot massage, raspberry tea, cold showers. Lastly, castor oil. I won't be trying that one.

Last night Chris and I went to the Blanco HS football field and walked around the track a few times. He jogged, I waddled, Roger romped. Good family fun time. Before we left, I decided to sweep and mop the floors. Don't worry, I took my time and did not overexert myself or bend over too much or anything else painful. It was actually pretty relaxing. Kind of sad how happy clean floors make me these days. After I cleaned up, I went to HEB, came home and started baking cookies.

The cookies aren't really a nesting thing. I promised my sister I'd send a package to her dorm a few weeks ago. I made cookies and ended up eating them. This time I kept reminding myself that they're not for me, they're for my sister. I even made some extra to send to my brother as well. Then I made dinner. It was a lot of standing and walking around all afternoon, so by the time we got to the track my back was killing me.

I thought walking would make it better. I was sooo wrong. We got home and I laid down on the couch. I couldn't get back up. I physically could not get up. It hurt SO bad. I managed to slowly get to my feet, and stood there hunched over and waddled to bed. I got zero sleep last night because my back and hips hurt so much. It's better this morning, but I am a little tired.

Chris keeps telling me he's glad I'm awake all night because I'm going to have to get up every time the baby cries. Because babies cry a lot. In the middle of the night. Who knew? He also mentioned that "if I think I'm not sleeping now, just wait until the baby is here." I think all of the other mamas I know will agree, please don't say this to a pregnant woman. Believe it or not, we are aware of life after pregnancy and we know we'll be tired. I love you, but say something like that to me again and I'll punch you.

Oh, lastly: stretch marks. They've arrived. They're ugly, but I'm accepting them as a necessary part of pregnancy. Let's not talk about what will happen if you point those out to me again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment