Saturday, September 11, 2010

Holy hurricane, batman.


I went back to work for one day this week. A hurricane hit the coast the day before and the storms finally made it to central Texas. Perfect day for a pregnant woman to drive an hour and a half away from her hospital.

I had to train my temp. That, my friends, is a blog for another day.

On the way to work, I was behind a school bus. I stayed back pretty far because there are CHILDREN on that bus and if I had to slam on my brakes I really don't want to slam into the back of a bus. Yes, it would hurt me more than anyone on the bus, but still. I know to stay back.
The car behind me with the bright ass halogen lights apparently does not know this rule. For 2 miles, they stayed right on my bumper, swerving back and forth to see if they could get around me. Did I mention it's raining so hard I can barely see the big yellow bus in front of me? I finally hit my brakes and pulled over. They happily passed me, flashed their hazards and proceeded to ride the school bus bumper another few miles.

I made it safely to work, attempted to train my temp and immediately wished I was anywhere but the office. This girl refuses to be taught and wants to just know what to do immediately. Anyway. The rain had stopped all day long. at 4:30, it started to pour again. Of course.

I got in my car and drove about 5mph through traffic. When traffic finally ended, I was able to get up to the breakneck speed of 30mph! By the time I got to Blanco, the sun was shining.

Chris and I drove around town and took pictures of the river running over the low water crossings, because that's what you do in a small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment