Thursday, April 8, 2010

15 weeks

I'm 15 weeks pregnant. That means in 25 weeks, I'll be a mom! I can't wait.

This past week, I went to Ikea for the first time ever, attended a crawfish boil for the first time ever, burnt my ears after sitting in the sun for half an hour, and got to watch the nurse chase my baby around with the Doppler trying to find the heartbeat.

Ikea was amazing, I'd live there if I could. We got out only spending $85 (I could have spent waaaay more but we decided to wait and save money for the new bed). We got some really cute stuff for Audrey's room:I think she'll like it. We're going to get some decals from whatisblik.com to put on the walls, shelving for her toys and a table and chair for her to color and play at. I'll take some pictures when it's finished.

I went to the crawfish boil on Saturday and spent some time with Chris' friend Tim and our friend Karen. It was really great to see Karen, we used to work together at Spawglass (last fall) and I haven't seen her since then. We got there around noon, but after 5 hours of sitting in the sun and listening to the men get less and less sober, I was pretty much done. I went to Target for a while so Chris could stay a little longer and bought my first baby item! (photo coming soon!)
Afterward we went to my parents' house to meet Dan's new girlfriend, Victoria. She's sweet, and she made a bunch of cookies for dad. He couldn't eat them because he gave up cookies for lent, but Easter was the following day so he didn't have to wait long! I heard he ate about 3/4 of the bag, haha.

On Tuesday Chris and I went to another doctor's appointment. I'm starting to feel like I live there! I've got another appointment scheduled for next Tuesday for some lab tests. They're drawing blood. Shudder. Chris said that he doesn't need to go to that one because we're not doing much. Normally that would be the case, but since I passed out last time I'm pretty nervous and would like him to be there. At the appointment last week, the nurse came in to listen to the heartbeat. At first she couldn't find it and for a few moments Chris and I were both a little worried. Then, she found it. Then it was gone. She found it again. Thump, thump. It was gone. She finds it, I feel some more thumps, and baby's gone again. Haha, I foresee many games of hide and seek in our future! It was really neat to feel the baby moving around and knowing for sure that's what I was feeling. I've felt something similar twice before, but I honestly wasn't sure if it was baby or gas. I kept giggling and that made it even harder to find the heartbeat. Finally she said "it's in the 160s" and gave up. Easy appointment, I'll see my doctor again in a month!

Congratulations to my little sister, Melissa! She got her first job at the Salt Lick! I'm really excited for her. I've been craving BBQ a lot lately, and the only time I could get Chris to take me, the stupid place in Blanco was closed. Hopefully I can get him to take me to visit Miss soon.

We have our big ultrasound in FIVE WEEKS. I'm not sure I can wait that long, so I'm looking at a few independent places that do gender ultrasounds. I found one that will do a 2D ten minute ultrasound to determine the sex for $50, and another place that will do a longer 3D session that includes sex determination, a CD of photos, DVD of the session and a few color 3D images for $99. Heather went there when she was pregnant with Eric, so I'll probably take her recommendation and go there. If I do, I'll try to schedule it for May 1st (a Saturday, so we don't have to miss work) when I'm 18 weeks. That's 2 weeks early, and I'll be happy with that!

Here's my 15 week photo! It's not the best, I was having phone issues and this is the only picture I could get uploaded to my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment