Thursday, April 22, 2010

17 weeks

Chris and I are going to the doctor in ONE WEEK to see the baby and hopefully find out if we're having a son or daughter! It's really all I can think about right now, we're just so excited. I've had a lot of people ask which I'm hoping for, or that they hope it's one or the other. Honestly, I just want a healthy baby. That's it. Boy or girl, I swear I'll be equally as thrilled. Chris feels the same way, we just feel blessed to have a healthy child on the way.

Big news this week. We finally broke down and bought a bigger bed! We packed up our old queen and brought it over to my parents' house, Melissa has been sleeping on a twin mattress for far too long. Now she's got all the room she needs and more! Next, we headed to Ikea (I know, again, I'm in love with that place) and got a king mattress. No bed yet, we'll be getting that next weekend. So now we're roughing it with our giant beautiful soft comfortable huge enormous king sized mattress on the floor. Chris has been sleeping much better this week. Me, not so much, but it's not the bed's fault. Pregnancy doesn't like me sleeping for more than a couple of hours at a time. I'm happy that I'm not disturbing Chris every time I wake up to pee, roll over, readjust, etc. I'm very happy with the purchase, and I am enjoying being able to sleep without Chris' elbow in my face.

Aside from the bed, we didn't have a very eventful week. However, this weekend is going to be super fun! My mom's birthday is tomorrow (Happy Birthday Mom!!!) and we're celebrating at THE SALT LICK. I've been wanting to eat there for months now, and we're finally going. Melissa has work tomorrow night and would miss the party, so we're bringing it to her. I've got a good gift idea for mom, but I won't reveal it just in case she's reading. On Saturday we're going to Lone Star State Jam with a bunch of friends, we've been looking forward to it for a while now. Should be fun! Afterward, we're heading out to Spicewood for Jamie and Kristen's birthday cornucopia- come dressed as food! Chris and I are going to be macaroni and cheese. I'm looking forward to see everyone else!


Oh! I almost forgot- we took baby to his or her very first concert on Friday! Our friend Rowland had extra tickets to see Robert Earl Keen at Nutty Brown, so Chris and I went with Lauren. It was rainy, but we had a good time! Hope baby grows up to like country music :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous - I would love a king size Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dreamy. Now we just need a frame, it's starting to get hard to get up off the floor every morning!

    ReplyDelete