Thursday, April 15, 2010

16 weeks

Four months! Four whole months. Holy crap. I'm almost halfway there, and I really haven't done much to plan. We haven't looked at daycares yet, that's next on our list. I'll have 6 weeks off for maternity leave, then we'll have to find a place for baby to hang out while we're at work.

Our biggest problem is that it's going to have to be here in Blanco, so we don't have many options. I work in San Antonio and Chris works in Austin, so if we chose a daycare in either city, the responsibility would fall on one or the other. I can drop the baby off on my way to work, and Chris generally gets home by 3-ish, so he can pick up. At least we won't be the parents who drop off first and pick up last, I always felt so bad for those kids! However, with a daycare in Blanco, we're both always going to be at least 45 minutes away if something were to happen. We are lucky enough to have his dad and step-mom minutes from our house, and I know they're willing to help, but it would be nice if Chris and I could be a little closer. This commute is really hard on us, and I wish I could find a way to work from home. I thought there was a job available at work that could have been at least part time from home, but I don't think it's on the table anymore.

On to the fun stuff. I've finally gotten comfortable going out with friends again, and staying out past 6 or 7 (but not really past 10, so don't push it). Chris had last Friday off, so he helped Jerald set up his BBQ tent at Founder's Day. I met up with them after work, and had a pretty good time. I got to see a lot of friends that I hadn't seen in a while, eat some delicious fried foods, and walk around and people watch. My kind of night. We drove back to Blanco around 9:30. On Saturday morning, we went BACK to Dripping Springs and spent most of the day at the festival. I ate more, walked around more, and saw a LOT more people. Heather came by with her husband and son, it was nice to see them. I ran into tons of people that I hadn't seen in years, and got some compliments on my little bump. I was still pretty self conscious about it and thought people were just commenting on it because they knew I was pregnant and they were just being nice.

But then, a complete stranger totally made my day. Chris and I were walking back to the tent from the washer's tournament championship game (which a friend of ours won, otherwise I'm sure the game wouldn't have been nearly as fascinating) and a woman stopped us and asked, "are you interested in yogurt?" Okay, that's not what she really said, but it's what I heard. I guess I had food on the brain. Anyway, she said "are you interested in YOGA?" and I turned around (half expecting a free yogurt sample) and she stepped back and exclaims "oh my gosh, you're P-G!" (which is what Yoga studio owners say instead of pregnant). I was so excited! Someone who didn't know me and had no clue I was pregnant could TELL JUST BY LOOKING AT ME. Hallelujah, I'm not just fat. I actually got some good information from her, too. Turns out there's a little yoga studio in Blanco that works with us "P-G" women. I want to start going on Mondays after work.

I spent a few hours with my fellow prego, Kristen. Oh yeah, John and JB were there too. We walked around a lot and listened to JB sing some awesome karaoke, which included Blackstreet's "No Diggity." No doubt. I love them, it is always great spending time with them. When they left, I headed back to the tent. I really didn't want Chris sleeping in a tent or in his car, I really didn't want to stay out late, and I really didn't want to be the bitch that tells him when to go to bed. So, I went to my mom's house to sleep at 9:30 and told him to call me when he needed a ride home. I figured he'd want to have some time away with me to have some fun with his friends and not have to worry about me. Not 10 minutes after I laid down, Chris called letting me know he was ready to go. And you know what, it made me really happy. He had been drinking in the sun all day, so I'm not saying he's lame or anything, it's just nice to know that the father of my child is a responsible grown man. Not a party animal child. It's just nice to be reminded of that sometimes.

Lastly, I had blood work done on Tuesday. Guess who didn't pass out this time? If you guessed ME, you're absolutely right. Chris came along just in case, but I did really well, you would have been proud of me. Our next appointment is in just two weeks, and we'll find out if we're having a little Jessica or a little Chris, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. You do look pregnant now :) You're at that "it's okay to say something stage"...so that's good! Nothing to feel self-concious about, your belly is the perfect size for your baby's age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Any guesses on boy or girl yet? I'll have 2 more pictures before we find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so cute! I love the one of you and Chris where he's sticking out his belly. You don't look like you've gained any extra weight at all, and Heather is right, your belly looks perfect! Just keep using that lotion and I bet you won't get any stretch marks.

    ReplyDelete