Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Welcome to Parenthood

There we were, standing in line at 5 Guys Burgers & Fries, all excited about finally getting to eat lunch. I look up at Audrey, who is being carried by her daddy, and I see a funny look on her face. Is she angry? Is she thinking really hard?

"Audrey, why do you look so concerned?"

Her mouth opens, drool pours out.

"I'm going to throw up."

Before I even know what happened, Chris is standing there like absolutely nothing happened, with a handful of cantaloupe and corndog puke in his hand. In his hand.

"I'll get some napkins."

I get back and realize that almost none of it has touched the ground. I held out my napkins for him to pour it into. I almost lost my breakfast just looking at it. It looked like the inside of a pumpkin. As soon as he dumped it, he put his hand back and caught the next wave. Then he walked to the bathroom, Audrey on one arm, cantaloupe in the other hand.

I've never seen anything like it. Is this normal parental reaction? Is this a dad thing, being able to catch the entire contents of his child's stomach in one hand? Or is this just that Chris is that good?

2 comments:

  1. Cute story! (even if it's kinda gross). and I like the new background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. It was seriously gross but sweet in a really weird way.

    ReplyDelete