Thursday, July 1, 2010

3rd Trimester!!!

I made it 2/3 of the way. I'm 66.6% finished. She will be here in 13 weeks. Surprisingly, I am not freaking out. Yet.

I'm just so excited! Our baby shower is next weekend, and after that we can finish getting all of our gear together to finish the nursery. Then all I have to do is pack my hospital bag and wait. Everyone keeps telling me that the last couple of months are torture. I'm impatient and I don't enjoy being uncomfortable, so I'm sure they're right!

Emily Jean is growing every day, it's pretty surreal when I think about the fact that I'm growing a tiny little person inside of me. The other night I was drifting of to sleep and actually comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that I felt like my belly wasn't there. Like it was flat again. It completely freaked me out and I had to wake myself up and poke around to make sure she was still in there! So now it's comforting to be uncomfortable. Is that what being a mom is like?

My growth chart says she is the size of an eggplant and weighs a little over 2 pounds. She doesn't feel much like an eggplant. I told my sister that she feels like a 3 pound fish that can occasionally kick and punch me. She feels HUGE. She was kicking me so hard the other day it actually kind of hurt, like tiny little jabs right into my ribs. She's only going to get stronger.

I can see her kicks on the outside now. She was moving around after dinner earlier this week and I had Chris come over to watch. He put his hand down and we were sitting there feeling her kick, then we both went "whoa!" when she unleashed her karate moves on his hand, haha. He also felt her when she had hiccups. Or, at least what I think were hiccups. They felt like lighter kicks, every 1-2 seconds, over and over again for about 2 minutes. It was cute.

I had another appointment earlier this week, and I am very proud to say that I have only gained 21 pounds so far. 27 weeks, 21 pounds, I'm not complaining. There's a chance I may go over the recommended 35 pounds, but not by much (if I stay on track!). I'm good with that. I want a fat baby anyway, I'll deal with losing the weight after she's safely in my arms.

I scheduled my dreaded glucose test for the 12th. I go first thing in the morning and I'm not allowed to eat breakfast. They take some blood, force me to drink a sugary, syrupy drink on an empty stomach, expect me to just hang out for an hour and then take MORE blood to test for gestational diabetes. I know I have to do it, but man I really don't want to. I passed out last time they took blood and I had eaten that day! Chris said he'll go with me for moral support. I'll try to remember to breathe.

Here we are yesterday, modeling a new shirt mom got for me!


Kohl's was having a sale, which means that I now have clothes that fit! It's quite discouraging when you realize that the maternity pants you purchased in your first trimester (that felt HUGE) can no longer be pulled over your third trimester hips. Yeah, those hips that I thought couldn't get any bigger? They did. The butt? You betcha.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Third! You're doing a great job growing that healthy baby girl.

    Do not worry at all about baby weight. That weight you've gained so far is all baby. Your arms, chest and neck look great. I got a little pudgy in the face during my last month, but trust me, you're going to drop it soooo fast. I was back in my pre-pregnancy jeans within 2 weeks, and now they're falling off me. Between breastfeeding, holding a baby almost 24/7 and not having much time to eat anything, any weight is going to fall off of you. Plus you're gonna have arms of steel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add, I like your new theme! And check out my blog sometime if you want. I don't update that often, but all I talk about lately is mom and baby stuff. jen512.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete