Friday, March 12, 2010

11 weeks (3/10/10)

Most of the moms I've talked to have told me how slow time goes by when you're pregnant, but it is flying by! Didn't I just find out I was pregnant last week? Now I'm nearing the end of my first trimester! Life is definitely changing quickly.

First off, maternity clothes? I feel like I'm not big enough for them yet, but I have definitely outgrown every pair of pants I own. Like, can't even zip them. I have only gained a few pounds, but it looks and feels like more! I feel like I'm showing, but I know it's just my organs being pushed up by my little kumquat baby (who is currently nesting a couple of inches below my belly button). I've gotten to the point of wearing leggings and a dress every day because it's all that fits, and geez it's comfortable. I've only told a few people at work, I wonder if anyone else has noticed yet? I doubt it, just looking at me you'd think I've been eating a bit too much. When you combine that with me, well, eating constantly, I can see how people may get that impression.

I feel a million times better than I did last week! I still have my moments, but finally hearing the baby's heartbeat this week put everything into perspective. Knowing that I've got a healthy little one growing outweighs everything else.

Speaking of the heartbeat, I had a crazy trip to the doctor this week. Chris and I went on Monday afternoon. When we got there, the nurse warned us, saying not to be worried if she couldn't find the heartbeat because it's pretty early still. As soon as she put the doppler on my belly it came through loud and clear! She said "strong heartbeat... it's a boy." Haha. Of course she was joking, but now Chris has even more reason to believe it's a boy! I'll be thrilled whether it's a boy or a girl, and I know he will too.

After the heartbeat, I had some blood drawn. I told the nurse I'm a little wary of needles and would prefer not to see the needle or any blood. Then I jokingly promised that I wouldn't pass out. About 4 vials in, I started to feel really dizzy. Like, really really intoxicatingly dizzy. Next thing I know, Chris is holding my head telling me to breathe and someone is putting a cold towel on my neck. Apparently I said "I'm dizzy" and then just fell over in my chair. The nurse ran out of the room to get a towel and left poor Chris standing there to deal with me all by himself! He handled it well, and it helped having him there when I came to. When we left, the nurse said "don't be a hero and try to walk out of here on your own, hold onto him," haha. It wasn't that bad! Next time I just need to remember to breathe and I think I'll be okay.

The doctor scheduled me for a 1st trimester screening ultrasound in 2 weeks. We'll get to see the baby! I'm excited because we'll be looking at a little person and not just a squirmy blob like last time. I'm not too worried about the tests, I know that they aren't 100% accurate and just tell you how likely your baby is to have any problems. I'm sure the baby will be completely healthy, but we'll love him (or her!) no matter what.

We also just found out that Chris' little girl is coming to stay with us for a month this summer! A MONTH! I'm so excited, we're getting her "very own pink room" put together. We've got a bunk bed that she's going to love, I can't wait to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment