Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My First Fun Pregnant Weekend

A good friend of mine invited me to her girls' wine and game night this past Saturday. I was a little hesitant about going at first, I was afraid I wouldn't know anyone but the hostess, I'd be the awkward pregnant woman, no one would like me and I'd have to sit there drinking water. Chris told me I was overreacting and that I'd have a good time (plus he got a guilt free guys' night since I was out). I went, and I'm glad I did.


Lauren, our hostess, bought me a bottle of "alcohol removed" white zinfandel, which is basically like the "near beer" of wine, but tastier than beer. It had .5% alcohol, but a glass of regular wine here and there is safe so I wasn't worried, and I'm not quite ready to try regular wine at the moment. It didn't taste like juice, it actually tasted just like wine. I was pretty impressed, and it made me feel like part of the group. Everyone there was super friendly, a few asked about the baby, and it wasn't awkward at all. My friend Hayley was there to talk to, so it helped break the tension a little. I felt like I had a slight advantage playing the games since I wasn't drinking, but everyone claimed that it was because I had two brains working together now, haha. I thought Chris was spending the night out camping, so I had the nice surprise of him coming home (early!) that night.





We spent Sunday afternoon at the Zilker Kite Festival with John and Kristen. We had cheese and crackers and some other snacks, laid out on a blanket under a tree and watched the kites. Kristen brought a pretty sweet $1 Buzz Lightyear kite and the boys took turns flying it, it was pretty cute. John mentioned that at this time next year, we'd be sitting here again with our 6 month olds! I thought that was so sweet, and it made me even more excited about Baby T's arrival!




1 comment:

  1. Awww it's Roger! Give him a scruff on the head for me. And good luck with the baby baking.

    ReplyDelete