Thursday, March 25, 2010

13 weeks, goodbye 1st trimester

Hello 2nd trimester, nice to finally meet you. I hope that we can get along, I hear that you're pretty good to pregnant women. I would really appreciate any extra energy you may have for me because I'm tired of going to bed at 8:30 every night. Also, Kristen is about to join us here and I'd like you to be nice to her as well. I think we're going to be good friends.

Last weekend I went to a baby shower with Cindy, Chris' step-mom. I was a little hesitant to go at first because she was the only person I knew there, but decided it would be fun to have some bonding time with her. It was great! I loved her family, she has four sisters (!) and they were all really sweet. I met Nana, who told me that when she had children, they didn't have ultrasounds and the doctor had to guess gender based on heartbeat. She said that he got it wrong 4 times out of 5, haha. I guess I just looked kind of fat because no one knew I was pregnant, aside from a few people that Cindy had told. When Cindy introduced me, Nana leaned over and very sweetly said "she's expecting." Nana knows everything!

The big news of this week was the sonogram I had on Tuesday! Chris got stuck at work, so I invited my mom to come with me. I'm glad she got to go, it was so neat seeing baby wiggle around in there. He did a lot of stretching and kicked his legs around. Baby's mouth did not stop moving! Guess that comes from me, haha. The tech zoomed in on the heart and I could see the heartbeat. That was amazing, it still looks strong! She showed me both sides of the brain, which I thought was pretty neat. I wish Chris had been able to see it, but I brought pictures home for him and he'll be at the ultrasound next month.

I'm looking forward to this weekend! We may go camping, and I'm trying to decide between a friend's baby shower (at 6pm) and my little sister's state color guard competition (at 6:45). I already said I'd be at the shower, but state competition is pretty big and I'd get to hang out with cousin Becca who is in town for the weekend. Decisions, decisions.

Here's me in the bathroom at work yesterday, I looked in the mirror and went "whoa!" so I had to take a picture.





















Here's me this morning (excuse the tired face, it was 6am)

It's exciting to finally have a bump! I'm already afraid that I'm going to be super huge by the end, so I'll enjoy the little one while I've got it. Last night Chris said I should be happy I'm showing already because it makes everything more real for the both of us. I'm glad he likes it :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute bump! The first tri flew by for me - I can't believe there is actually a hard bump now. You're lucky you're so skinny and it shows more versus people assuming you're chubby!

    You referred to the baby as a he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I try to go back and forth between he and she. It doesn't feel right referring to my baby as "it" and it's weird saying he/she, haha.

    ReplyDelete