Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Showers & Baby Names

On Tuesday I met up with Lauren, who is planning my baby shower with Hayley. We decided on July, specific date still to be decided. We will have Audrey in town at the beginning of the month, and I think it would be fun for her to get to celebrate her new baby brother or sister with me and my family. I definitely want her to feel included, and I think she'd have a lot of fun. Thoughts?

So far I haven't had many name suggestions (maybe because I'm picky and no one feels like getting shot down). Mom suggested Francis for a baby name (reasoning: it's good for a boy or a girl, and who doesn't like a kid named Franki?). I had to say no! Chris thinks I shouldn't have been so quick to reject it, but I can't do it. I worked with a horrible woman named Frances at the massage school, and that name will forever remind me of her. Sorry mom! She also mentioned naming the baby (if it's a boy) after my dad, Robert, if he's born on October 7th (his birthday). I like the idea, but I'm not sure I want to tie it to a specific date. I think it would be a great name regardless of the date, so it's been added to our list.

I was thinking about waiting until the baby is born to share the name we decide on with everyone. That way, I won't have to deal with any potential negative comments from anyone. I feel like once the name is tied to my outside baby, people are less likely to tell me how they really feel. When the baby is still in my belly, no one is afraid to say "that name sucks" because it's not really official yet. That being said, we all know how patient I am, so we better pick a really good name! There's no way I won't let it slip before September.

3 comments:

  1. Once you say the name is OFFICIAL, people leave you alone. Up until that point...not so much :) If you want to wait until baby is born to tell the name, that's obviously your choice, but I don't think you'll have too much trouble from people...we like having a name to go with the belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, if you name that kid Francis....I will kick your ass, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Kelly I'm so glad you read this, you're the only one who understands how truly awful that woman was!

    ReplyDelete