Thursday, March 18, 2010

12 weeks, maternity clothes

I made it to 12 weeks! Some people consider this the end of the first trimester, but technically it's 13 weeks and 3 days. I'm going to say 13 weeks.Time is still flying by, and a lot is happening in the next couple of months. I have my first trimester screening next Tuesday, where they will measure the baby and do a few tests. The best part is that Chris and I get to see the baby for a while when they do the ultrasound. I hope I get some good pictures to share with everyone.

I have another appointment (that should be less eventful) 2 weeks after the ultrasound, and I'm going to schedule my BIG GENDER REVEALING ULTRASOUND (can you tell I'm excited?) 2-3 weeks after that. Every time I think about the moment when we find out if we're having a boy or a girl, I cry. Like right now, I just can't help it. It makes me so happy, it's like the next step in meeting Baby T. We can start picking out a name and my family and I can finally commence the world's biggest baby shopping spree.

To clear things up, I am not waiting to find out the gender so I know if I need pink or blue clothes, I'm not really into the whole pink and blue thing. I'm sure that some things will skew in that direction, but I prefer more neutral designs. This being said, I just feel like I'll have a better idea of what I like when I know for sure. I'm also VERY excited about decorating the nursery. My grandma has graciously offered to make the bedset herself, all I have to do is pick out some fabrics that I like. I love everything my grandma makes and means so much to me for her to make something for the baby. Chris wants to help me pick out baby things, I just hope I don't completely overwhelm him.

Update on maternity clothes- Chris took me to Old Navy last Saturday and I finally bought some! Why didn't I do this earlier? I bought some low rise jeans (with a stretchy band around the waist), a couple of really cute skirts that Chris insisted that I needed (and I love them), and a few shirts. I've never been more comfortable in my life. They're like pajama jeans, it's amazing. I was going to wait a few weeks to get a few more things, but my friend Heather (who has the most adorable 8 month old you've ever seen, and also has a pretty good blog) sent me a coupon to oldnavy.com... Good thing I got paid today! I'm picking up a pair of capris, a pair of skinny maternity jeans (don't worry, I tried them on at the store and they work) and some more shirts. I'm in maternity clothing heaven today.

Lastly, I don't know that I've quite "popped," but I feel like I'm 5 times bigger than I was last week. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Don't hide your face in all your belly photos lol I did that too and now I look back and it's ridiculous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, I took about 20 pictures this morning and this was the only one that turned out decent. I take them at 6am so I always look horrible and can't manage a normal smile. I tried really hard to not look ridiculous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I regret not doing is taking pictures the same day each week in the same pose to compare, and then after the baby's born doing the same holding the baby so you can really look back on the week-to-week changes. Alas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good call on baby pictures every week. I'm sure I'll take millions of photos but I hadn't thought of doing comparison ones like the belly pics! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete