Friday, June 18, 2010

25 weeks, is it over yet?

It's been a busy week here at the house. Chris went to pick up Audrey in Texarkana last week. He drove to Dallas on Tuesday, stayed with a friend, drove to Texarkana and back to Waco on Wednesday. They stayed in Waco with his grandma Wednesday night. They drove to Blanco on Thursday, took a nap, played for a while, and by the time I got home Chris was ready to go to sleep again. He laid down at 6 and I couldn't get him out of bed until 9 for dinner! I told him that I worked a full day and I was tired too, he replied that he'd like to see me switch places with him because his day was a lot harder than mine. I'm sure it was, that's why I let him sleep for 3 hours.

Fast forward to this week. I was able to work from home Monday-Friday so I could spend some time with Audrey. We've had a lot of fun, but I'm exhausted. I feel bad keeping her in the house all day, but I have to be at my computer working from 8-5 so there's not much we can do except on my lunch break. Roger has kept her pretty entertained, he really likes her. He waits for her to get up in the morning and follows her around most of the day trying to get her to play with him.

Last night I was exhausted and started crying, again. It's hard being pregnant sometimes. Not all the time, but it gets to you when you're tired all the time, your back hurts, and you're kept up all night by a baby moving nonstop in your uterus. Add working full time to that. It's hard being pregnant and working full time. I manage. Add your boyfriend's 4 year old daughter to that. It's hard being pregnant and working full time and watching a little girl all day. I'm lucky that she's a great kid, she's no terror, but she's 4, she's full of energy. I am seriously lacking in that department!

She's so much fun and I love being able to spend time with her. I've missed her so much, we haven't seen her since Christmas. I just wish that I was able to enjoy my time with her a little more instead of working all day.

I know I don't have much room to complain because I've only done it for a week. My mom watched me, Daniel, Rachel and Melissa every day for years and years. At one point, she had an infant, an 18 month old and a 2 1/2 year old at home with her. I would go crazy. Seriously, lock me up.

Last night, Chris let Audrey sleep in our bed last night. She's been doing so great in her own bed, she really likes being in the bunk bed and has slept through the night with no problem. Last night, Chris woke me up saying "Audrey. Audrey. Audrey, you're snoring. Audrey, stop snoring. Audrey, blow your nose. Audrey. Let's go to your bed. Audrey, stop snoring." Seriously, I didn't hear a thing! By that time I was fully awake and don't you know it, Chris passed right out and started snoring. LOUD. I was awake from 1:45-3:30. I almost went to the couch but I'd be even more uncomfortable there. Around 4:30 I woke up because I was getting kicked in the back. One is kicking me in the back, the other is kicking me in the ribs. I can't win! I laid there until Chris' alarm went off at 5:15, then stayed awake until 5:55 to let him know he was going to be late to work.

He left a little after 6 and I laid there until my alarm went off at 7:45. I'm exhausted. Chris wants me to go to Camp Ben with them tonight to take Audrey to the carnival. I tried to say "no" as nicely as possible. I just want to sleep. That's all. We're going to the river in Wimberley all day tomorrow to see his friend, then we're spending Father's Day at the river in Blanco with his dad all day Sunday. I need to sleep tonight, is it really that much to ask? I know everyone says "oh if you think you're tired now, just wait." Okay, I'll buy that, so why can't I try to get my sleep in now while I still have the chance?

I'm ready for it to be September. I know I'll be exhausted and I'll have a million new things to deal with, but I'm ready for something new.

Please excuse the no makeup and tired look, as I've explained I had a long night, haha.

1 comment:

  1. aww...well at least you're not one of the liars :) I always hated people who said how WONDERFUL and FUN pregnancy is....it's not. Sleep goes out the window with the first trimester :) Newborns are only slightly worse than pregnancy in terms of screwing up your sleep.

    ReplyDelete