Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm exhausted

I was really enjoying that burst of energy I got around the time I entered the second trimester. It seems to be fading quickly. It's a little different than before. During the first few months, I could sleep all the time and still be tired. Now I just can't sleep. I just can't. It takes longer than usual to fall asleep, every position is uncomfortable, some painful (my ribs hurt when I am on my right side for more than 5 minutes), and I am constantly waking up in the middle of the night.

Sometimes when I wake up I have the feeling that I could fall back to sleep if I just keep my eyes closed. Then I realize I have to pee and it's all over. Back to tossing and turning until Chris' alarm goes off at 5:15. He doesn't get out of bed until I do. My alarm is set for 5:45. Which means his damn phone robs me of 30 minutes of sleep for no reason. It rings every 5 minutes. EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES. He thinks it's funny because he can go back to sleep easily. I, however, cannot. I actually broke down sobbing this morning because I was so angry that I was completely exhausted and he seemed to feel fine. It's not fair!

Now it's finally Friday and all I want to do is sleep the weekend away. Can I do that? Not this weekend! We are going camping this weekend! And a pregnant woman who says she does not want to go camping because she are hot, uncomfortable and tired is a "baby." No, not carrying a baby, just acting like a baby. Because I'm probably making this all up. Pregnancy is a breeze and I'm just using it as an excuse! Right, honey?

He is trying to make the trip easier for me, I'll give him a little credit. He actually went out and got an air conditioning unit to put in the tent so I don't die of heat stroke. He bought a nice air mattress so I don't have to sleep on the ground. He got a new tent that we can stand up in so I don't have to crawl everywhere. It really is sweet. I hope he's not upset when I spend the entire weekend on that air mattress in the air conditioning instead of out in nature.

To give myself a little credit, I went out on the lake with him and his friends last week. Yes, I did have fun. Yes, I would have had more fun if it had just been us and my friends. No offense to his friends, but they like to get drunk and party and when I go to the lake I just want to sit in my float and be quiet. Thank goodness Lauren was there, she kept me sane all day. This is me looking like I'm complaining about something to Lauren:


Lovely, right? I did have a good time with her. And Chris. And Chris' friend Mikey and his daughter Delilah. It really wasn't that bad. Still, the fact remains that I went, that's got to count for something here. Roger had a good time. We got him a life jacket, but he's still not a fan of the water. In fact, he stayed as far away from it as possible most of the day:


Until I realized he hadn't gone to the bathroom all day and that he probably needed some dry land to pee all over. He can swim very quickly, but only in the direction of the boat because he wants out of the water as soon as possible. So, Chris ended up carrying him most of the way over and back:


Poor dog fought so hard he could barely walk the next day. He just sat in his bed looking depressed, and would limp whenever he had to get up. He's fine now, he was just a little sore from all the exercise!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes...that's the pregnancy I remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I have the exact same problem with my hubby's cell phone alarm! He's always saying he's going to take a two hour nap and insists on setting the alarm, but he never EVER wakes up and just hits snooze on it every fifteen minutes until he finally just turns it off and goes back to sleep. It's only purpose is to wake me, and possibly the baby up. After a few well-worded death treats from me, he's stopped doing it lately.

    ReplyDelete