Thursday, June 10, 2010

6 months!!!

Today marks 24 weeks of pregnancy! That means I've only got 16 weeks to go, OMG. I consider 24 weeks to be 6 months (4 weeks=1 month). Using this logic, pregnancy is actually 10 months long because full term is 40 weeks. However, if you go by calendar months it's more like 9 months and 1 week, give or take a couple of days.

However you look at it, I am moving right along! Soon enough I'll be in my third trimester, and Emily Jean will be here before we know it!

Today is also "viability day," or v-day. The term refers to the point in your pregnancy where your baby has a fighting chance if born prematurely. I'm not counting on a premie, but it's nice to know that if anything were to happen, she's got a chance and it keeps going up from here!

For the past week or two, she has been kicking like CRAZY. It's constant, day and night, whether I just ate or if I'm hungry. She actually woke me up at 4:45 this morning with some hard jabs. I like to think it's her way of preparing me for nighttime feedings.

I feel most of the kicks up high on my right and low on my left. I'm guessing she's laying sort of diagonally with her feet pointed up right now. Sometimes she kicks hard enough that I can see movement on the outside! She's going to be a karate master like her aunt Tori!

Chris finally felt some real kicks a few days ago (until then he just felt some movement), it was pretty amazing. He had his hand pressed into my belly and when I rolled over to my side, he felt the length of her spine move across his hand! He said she felt about the size of our remote, which is about right. She should be about a foot long by now, somewhere between 1 and 2 pounds.

Chris has been talking to her before we go to sleep at night. I think she's starting to recognize his voice, she starts moving all over the place when he's talking now! I don't think I'll ever get over how incredibly amazing and weird it feels to have a little person moving around inside of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment