Friday, June 25, 2010

26 week update

Things are better this week. I feel like a hormonal see-saw. Up, down, up, down. At least when I'm down, I'm aware that it's hormonal and I don't get too down on myself. Just try to let Chris convince me that we have a wonderful life and I'm doing just fine. That usually helps. This week I'm up.

I went back to work this week. Real work. At an office full of adults. Adults who don't scream and throw their food on the floor. It's nice. I do miss sleeping in until 7:45 and spending time with Audrey. We're finally getting into the groove of things having her around, which just reminds me that our time with her will be over soon. I hate sending her home. We still have a couple of weeks with her, and I'm happy about that.

Chris' birthday was yesterday, happy birthday love! We both had to work but I tried my best to make it a special day. He has a couple of old football photos from middle school and high school that were in old frames that didn't really fit. I got them reframed so we could display them in the house. Nothing big, but I think he liked it. The best part was what I found behind one of the photos. Behind Chris' 1994 Dripping Springs football team was.... 1993 Chris Tyre's yearbook picture! He was such a cutie, oh my gosh. If I had known him in middle school, I totally would have had a crush on him. Too bad I was still in elementary school at the time, haha. I'd post a picture of it but I don't want to embarrass him. I'll ask him tonight if he minds.

I made some awesome shrimp tacos and banana pudding. We watched tv and went to the post office. The only thing missing was Audrey. Her aunt was supposed to drop her off at 5, but instead called at 5 asking if she could spend the night with her grandparents. I wish they would have asked before then. Chris didn't want to be rude and say no, but it was his birthday! He should have his daughter with him if he wants. I guess she was having fun with her cousins, and we'll see her tonight. We didn't touch the banana pudding so we'll share that with her! I'll show her the old picture of her daddy, I bet she'll like that.

We've got a lot planned in the next month. Audrey really wants to go to the "museum with live animals," or the "two O's and a Z." Haha. If we ask her if she wants to go to the ZOO or the museum, she says "yeah, the museum with real animals!" Looks like we're going to the San Antonio Zoo this weekend! I haven't been in a while and I'm hoping we can get there early enough before all of the animals are passed out from the heat. Tomorrow night we're going to Jamie's dad's fireworks stand to see Jared's band play, I think it'll be fun. Audrey will like the fireworks, and she can run around all she wants over there.

Next weekend we're going to my uncle Joe's wedding! He has 2 little girls and the woman he's marrying, Katy, has 2 kids around the same age as his. They're all under 7, I believe. The wedding is going to be a pool party and totally kid friendly so I'm pretty excited about taking Audrey with us, she'll love having some girls her age to play with! Speaking of pools, we spent last Saturday at John & Kristen's. Audrey jumped in the pool the moment we got there, took a 15 minute break to eat a hot dog, and swam until we left at 8:30. She slept TWELVE HOURS that night, it was incredible. I wanted to keep checking on her to make sure she was actually still asleep! The weekend after the wedding is our baby shower! I can't wait to see everyone. My parents will FINALLY get to meet Chris' parents (at least they're not meeting at the hospital?), I think it'll go well.

I apologize for the scattered blog today, my mind is all over the place lately. The other day, I ran the dryer for 30 minutes before I realized there were no clothes in there. Did I forget to move them from the washing machine to the dryer? Nope. Nothing in there either. I'm losing it, people.
Here's my 26 week photos, there's no doubt I've got a baby in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment