Thursday, May 6, 2010

19 weeks :)

I think my belly grows overnight, I swear it gets bigger every day! I took a shower this morning and when I tried to bend over to wash the bottom half of my leg, well, it didn't work. I'm going to have to get a stool in there like an old lady! Chris made a comment about how big I was getting the other night, and I told him that it's going to get a whole lot bigger! He said he couldn't see how (although he did say that my bump is very cute right now), and I couldn't tell if he was joking or not but I decided to google some 8-9 month belly pictures to show him just how big I could get.

Shock and awe! His eyes got huge! Haha. He knew that I was going to grow, but I guess he never really pictured it before then. Good thing I showed him, now he won't be too surprised when my belly takes over.

He's finally coming home tonight! I know, he's been gone 2 days, but it seems like longer. He called on Tuesday night and talked to Roger. Poor dog took off running all over the house looking for dad! He couldn't figure out why he heard Chris' voice but couldn't see him anywhere. Silly dog. Last night he heard Chris on the phone and started playing like Chris was chasing him around, it was hilarious. I feel bad for Chris, they put him up in a crappy hotel in a tiny little town that only has one road. They have a Walmart, but he says it's the smallest Walmart in the world, about the size of Blanco's Super S. He has to go back next week, but just for a couple of days.

I went to dinner with Lauren and Hayley last night, it was great to see them! I'm so glad I have them to help with the baby shower, because I am completely inept when it comes to party planning. They have all of these plans and ideas, and I would have just told everyone on facebook where to show up, thrown some beer in a cooler and called it a party! They've got a handle on the situation. A few suggestions seemed to be a bit much- good ideas, mind you. Just a lot of work. I know I'm not the one doing the work, but it's a backyard BBQ, I don't want them to have to do too much. Thank goodness for those girls, they're great. They kept me entertained all evening, by the time I got home it was bedtime! I had no time to be bored or lonely and got to talk to Chris a bit before I went to sleep.

Oh- last weekend was our sort of one year anniversary! We met on May 1st, a lot has changed in the past year! I never would have guessed things would turn out the way they did, but I am thankful for everything that has happened. We are definitely blessed, I couldn't ask for a better life right now. We celebrated by starting our registry at Target and going to see How to Train Your Dragon. Cutest movie ever, I'm buying it for Audrey when it comes out on DVD.

This weekend is Mother's Day! Some people say that a pregnant woman shouldn't celebrate because she's not a mother yet, but I think that's crap. I've got a baby, I'm a mother. I don't want gifts, just a little recognition. I'm working hard on this baby! We're going to go out to lunch with my family to see my mom, then stop to visit with Chris' mom on our way back home. Should be a good weekend!


19 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. That's definitely a baby girl belly! A certain husband of mine...no names... royally screwed up mothers day for me last year. I got cards and calls from tons of ppl, he didn't say anything, we went out late that night and I asked him why he hadn't said anything... he said that it didnt count. Not a good thing to say to a hormonal uncomfortable prgo. I started crying and he started apologizing. He's been warned this year lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. He better not even need a warning this year!!! I probably would have cried too, he didn't even say "Happy Mother's Day?" Ouch. I'm sure he learned his lesson.

    Chris said that I'm a mom-to-be and a step-mom and that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And I love your shower curtain, lol.

    ReplyDelete