Friday, May 28, 2010

22 weeks, nesting.

I still haven't really caught the nesting bug, but I'm doing what I can to prepare the house for Emily. My parents ordered our crib this week and it will be delivered next week. The bedding I found on Ebay should arrive at the same time. Chris had the idea of getting lowercase wooden letters and painting them to hang in the room. Not her name, but the whole alphabet, going around the top of the walls. I think it will look really cute, I just have to find the letters at a decent price! Everywhere I've looked only sells capital letters. Anyone know where I can find them around town? I think it would be a fun activity for Audrey to help paint them when she's here, I just have to find the letters first.

Audrey will be here in two weeks! I can't wait. We have most of her room put together, but we need a few more things. We don't have much time because we'll be out of town camping all next weekend, then she will be here a few days later. That means we'll have to do it this weekend, but it's Memorial Day weekend which means it's going to be crazy busy in town. Tonight we're supposed to finish registering at BuyBuy Baby, but Chris may be working until 7 or 8. I'd go tomorrow, but he invited some friends to spend the day at the lake on his dad's pontoon boat. Sunday I've got a baby shower in Austin, and I really would like to be able to relax on Monday.

We'll figure it out, maybe Sunday after the baby shower.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. Chris' friend Josh is coming with his girlfriend. I don't know them too well, but they're nice. I invited John and Kristen but they have family in town so they can't go. However, Lauren and Jamie are both going! I'm so glad they can come, it'll make it more fun for me to have some of my friends there. I'll post about it on Monday! I plan on sitting in the shade and reading most of the day :)

I've got my 23 week appointment next week with the doctor. The next one after that will be my glucose test, which I've heard wonderful things about (insert sarcasm here). I think next week will be pretty basic, but they'll be drawing blood again (ugh) next month. After that, I'll start going every two weeks, which means that Emily will be here before we know it! Crazy! I have to just keep reminding myself that all of this will be worth it when I finally get to see her, it's just so hard to be patient!

Here I am at 22 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment