Thursday, May 13, 2010

New bed!!!

I came home from work yesterday and Chris looked like he had been sitting around doing nothing all afternoon. He told me he hadn't made it to the grocery store yet, but I knew he didn't have much to do all day. He asked if I would go to the store with him, then mentioned that Roger pooped in our bedroom earlier. And he didn't clean it up.

"What!? It's still there? Did you leave the bedroom door open while you were gone? What is wrong with that dog? Bad dog! The bedroom is going to smell so bad, I can't believe you left it there!"

His reply "yeah it already stinks."

Ugh, fantastic. I'm pissed off, I grab some paper towels, a plastic grocery bag and some Oust and prepare myself to walk into the poop den. Instead of poop, I find...


Oh! It's not poop, it's a new bed! [I did ask him if the dog really pooped or if he just wanted me to go look in the bedroom as a precaution. No poo this time.]

I'm so excited! It's the bed we picked out a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to purchasing. We've been sleeping on a nice mattress on the floor for a few weeks. Chris drove the whole way up to Round Rock, managed to get through Ikea without buying anything except the bed and some kitchen towels (we love their 49 cent towels), brought it home, set it up, AND saved us $50 by getting his own boards & cutting them to size instead of buying the slats that Ikea sells with their beds.

Now I don't have to monkey crawl my way in and out of bed, I can just sit down like a normal person.

He's pretty wonderful sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Aww ok as gross as the poop part is, that is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete