Monday, May 17, 2010

My girly weekend.

I have to brag about my weekend. It was awesome. I finally got some much needed girl time.

During the beginning of my pregnancy, I just didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't want to see anyone. I wanted to sit on my butt at home and go to sleep at 7pm. It wasn't fun. I never got sick, but I felt like crap. If anyone tried to cheer me up, I would stomp on their optimism. I was Debbie Downer.

Now that I'm further along, life is sunshine and rainbows again (ok, not every day, but waaaay more often than before). I want to go out with my friends. I want to see people. Away from my house. I actually drive out of Blanco, it's amazing.

Saturday morning, I headed out to Bee Cave to meet Kristen and Jamie for pedicures! I really needed one, I have gotten to the point where while I can still reach my toes, it's pretty uncomfortable. We all decided on some bright summery pink colors, then sat and gossiped for a good hour while our feet were pampered.

See how happy we are? I forgot my camera, but Jamie had us covered. After the pedicures, we stopped at HEB for some fruit for smoothies, hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (homemade by Kristen, not Kraft). Our afternoon consisted of drinking beautiful non-alcoholic pool drinks:

Floating in our awesome $5 floats:

Lounging in the pool (Jenny and Elijah joined us later on):

And being incredibly jealous of Jamie's stupendous hat:


I found out that I'm allergic to starfruit (after I ate it I nearly lost my voice for about an hour, but it wasn't a big deal). I also discovered that my little girl reacts to the cold pool water and going from being in the shade to being exposed to sunlight! Her eyes aren't open yet but she can sense light and dark, and the sunshine made her wiggle. I was sure to give her plenty of it (with plenty of sunblock of course):

Yes, that is me in all my pregnant bikini wearing glory. John is kindly cleaning the dead frogs out of the pool. There were probably about 50 in there, no joke. They can swim, but they can't live in chlorine. Sad. And gross.

Meanwhile, Chris was at Mudfest in Poth, TX. He had a good time, aside from having to sleep in his car and losing his phone twice. Luckily Davey found it twice, once after Chris had completely given up hope and gone home without his phone, telling me it was lost in the mud. Turns out it was in the front seat of someone's truck. Ah, boys. He came home covered in mud, head to toe. Hard to be mad at him for staying out all night when he looked so exhausted, but I managed for a while. He slept while I spent the afternoon with my mom and visited with my family. Dan is finally home from Lubbock! It's nice when the whole family is home.

Oh, we picked a name! More on that later :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great weekend! Well, except for the dead frogs part ;)

    ReplyDelete