Thursday, May 13, 2010

Half Baked!

We made it halfway!!! I'm 20 weeks pregnant today, which means we've got 20 more weeks to go! The past 20 weeks have flown by, so our little girl will be here before we know it!

Chris and I went to BuyBuyBaby to look at cribs last Saturday. We LOVE that store. We decided to do our registries at Target and BBB instead of Walmart. If you've never been to BBB, it's the Bed, Bath & Beyond for babies. It's owned by the same company. When you walk in, you think you're in Bed, Bath & Beyond but when you start looking around you realize that it's ALL BABY STUFF. It's incredible. We loved all of the cribs, but they're super expensive. We showed my mom the one we liked the most and she's helping us find a similar style for a little less. My parents want to buy the crib as our shower gift, and I really can't expect them to spend $500 on it! We found a matching carseat and pack-n-play set:
It looks like we may be getting a darker wood crib after all. The ones that we looked at this weekend were much nicer than the dark cribs at Target. You can tell that they're real wood, they don't look painted and we're not as worried about them getting scratched. We found a really cute bedding set at BBB, I love it!

After our trip to BBB, we visited Jamie. She just moved back to Dripping Springs for a while. She had a bunch of people over for dinner and swimming. We didn't get much swimming done because it was cold and kind of rainy, but we had a good time. It was great to see everyone. I hadn't seen Jenny in ages, so I was happy to spend a little time with her! We had fun, I managed to stay awake until 11 before I had to go home. I'm spending this Saturday with Jamie at the pool again. We're meeting up with Kristen and Missy (she's in town from Houston) to get pedicures, then we're lounging by the pool. I have been waiting a long time for a day like this, it's going to be wonderful.

Chris is either going to Mudfest with Josh and Davey (don't ask) or kayaking and fishing with Jerald all day. I'm kind of hoping he goes fishing, because then he'll be back Saturday night. Mudfest is a couple of hours away and he'll be spending the night in a gross camper with a bunch of muddy drunk guys. Sounds terrible to me, but maybe it's a guy thing. I'll enjoy my girl time!

Sunday was Mother's Day! I had asked Chris a few weeks ago if it was silly to want to celebrate since I'm a sort of mom. He said I'm pregnant and a step-mom, so it counts. I told him I didn't want a gift or anything, I just wanted a special day. We slept in and I was really hoping he'd offer to make me breakfast but we were running late so he went to see his step-mom while I showered. We stopped at his mom's on our way to meet my family for lunch. She was getting ready to take Chris' little sister Tori to an awards ceremony for her karate classes. She's doing so well, I'm proud of her! Both of Chris' sisters (Tori and Lisa) made honor roll this year! We've got some smart girls in the Tyre family! It was really nice to see Chris' mom, it had been a few months since I saw her last. She was happy to see me and my belly, haha.

We met up with my family for lunch at Might Fine (mom's choice). It was delicious, as always. We went by their house for cake & ice cream and Mother's Day gifts afterward. I got her some wine and chocolate. The wine label was "Mad Housewife," I thought it was appropriate! It was nice to see the family, I'll probably stop by and see them again this weekend.

When we got home, Chris said that his dad had mentioned that this time next year I'd be asking him to celebrate Mother's Day. Chris replied "yeah, she already is." He mentioned again later (joking) that I wasn't a real mother yet anyway. It really hurt my feelings. I cried. The last thing I wanted to hear on Mother's Day was that I'm not a real mother. Joking or not (maybe I can't take a joke?). I feel like a mother, he told me before that he thinks I'm a mother, but on the day that you're supposed to celebrate that fact I just felt horrible. He did say "happy mother's day" when I woke up, but that's about it. I guess the holiday meant more to me than it did to him. He said he doesn't care if we celebrate Father's Day, but I do. I think it's important. I felt a little better later, we took Roger to the park and watched him chase ducks. Still not the way I envisioned my first Mother's Day, hopefully next year will be better. Maybe a card?



No comments:

Post a Comment